iOS 6 Bugs Main Thread

Report bugs here so we can fix them!

iOS 6 Bugs Main Thread

Postby Ethan » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:21 pm

We are going to actively start work on the iOS 6 bugs today or tomorrow. We will keep you updated with progress in this thread, which I've marked as a sticky. Thanks for your patience!
Ethan

Re: iOS 6 Bugs Main Thread

Postby Ethan » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:50 pm

We have a working iOS beta that appears to fix the iOS 6 bugs. Is anyone with iOS 6 willing to test the new app?
Ethan

iOS 6 Bugs Main Thread

Postby LOVEPiNKK » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:52 pm

I will!
"You come in peace, but you go back in pieces."
LOVEPiNKK

Postby Ethan » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:57 pm

Thanks! I'll PM you with instructions.
Ethan

Postby LOVEPiNKK » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:08 am

Okay so I played on the new app for a few days now. I'll start off by saying WOW I love the new layout and look of the app! It's much more clear and everything looks sharper, the new menu look is GREAT!! I also love the new front ship selection feature when zooming in on a fleet and the 100 notifications.

A few things I think that can be improved:

I noticed that the "delete all" button on the notifications/inbox menu is now at the bottom of the screen. For some reason in every game it scrolls just fine with the menu except in Zarya where I have to scroll all the way down to the end of the notifications to hit "delete all"

When going to the notification/inbox menu, in order to go to your inbox you now have to click on notifications then switch it to inbox. This can be a pain and I think two separate buttons would be a lot better like before.

The new split fleet menu is good but I would like to see some type of lines or something to separate the different ships from each other a little more. It is kind of hard to read and the ship names are kind of scrunched together

I have had a few crash to menu issues when ordering queues but nothing consistent enough to post yet. However I had some of those issues in the old app as well.

I'll keep playing on the app when I can and post more if anything comes up!
LOVEPiNKK

Postby LOVEPiNKK » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:26 am

As for the lag issues and what not that came about with iOS6, those seemed to be fixed! ;)
LOVEPiNKK

Postby Ethan » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:50 am

Thanks for testing and for all the feedback. The reason we have a dropdown for notification/inbox is that we are adding a sent mail screen, so we need a dropdown so you can select all three. (the sent mail is disabled in this version because it is not complete). But we will see if we can find a faster way to switch, as you suggest.
Ethan

iOS 6 Bugs Main Thread

Postby LOVEPiNKK » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:36 pm

When I go to look at the alliance/player list it goes straight to the alliance list without choosing anything. It's really hard to choose player list and I am only able to if I can choose It fast enough before it brings up the alliance list.
LOVEPiNKK

Postby Ethan » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:38 pm

We tested on iOS 4 and 5, and didn't see any issue with this. But I'll try it on iOS 6 soon and see if I can find the issue.
Ethan

Postby Bacon » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:36 am

i was seeing something similar when clicking no for joining a game, it clicked the button under it?
Bacon

Next

Return to Bugs